At Sébo Woordwork, adapting to our clients’ needs is a built-in feature of our customer service. This extends to providing accessible customer service to persons with disabilities, as per the Ontario Accessibility Act.
Documents pertaining to our policy on accessible customer service are available in various formats upon request.
Policy On Accessible Customer Service
Sébo Woodwork strives to provide its goods and services in a way that respects dignity, independence, integration and equality of opportunity to all customers, including people with disabilities, in order for them to obtain, use or benefit from the goods or services we provide.
This policy applies to all employees of Sebo Woodwork, as well as its agents and contracted service staff.
Dignity – service is provided in a way that allows the person with a disability to maintain self-respect and the respect of other people. People with disabilities are not treated as an afterthought or forced to accept lesser service, quality or convenience.
Independence – allowing a person with a disability to do things on their own without unnecessary help, or interference from others.
Integration – service is provided in a way that allows the person with a disability to benefit from the same services, in the same place, and in the same or similar way as other customers, unless an alternate measure is necessary to enable the person to access goods or services.
Equal opportunity – people with disabilities have an opportunity equal to that given to others to access your goods or services.
When providing goods and services to people with disabilities, Sébo Woodwork will carry out its duties and responsibilities in the following areas:
Sébo Woodwork is committed to communicating with people with disabilities in a manner that takes into account the individual’s disability.
- Use Of Service Animals And Support Persons
- a) We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a guide dog or other service animal on the parts of our premises that are open to the public and other third parties. The individual is permitted to keep the animal with him or her unless excluded by law. Where a guide dog or service animal is excluded by law, we will ensure that other measures are available. Service animals shall be under the care and control of the individual at all times. We will ensure that all employees and others dealing with the public are properly trained on how to interact with people with disabilities who are accompanied by a guide dog or service animal.
- b) We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter Sébo Woodwork premises with his or her support person. At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person be prevented from having access to his or her support person while on our premises.
- Use Of Assistive Devices
Sébo Woodwork welcomes the use of assistive devices by persons with disabilities to obtain, use or benefit from the organization’s goods or services or the availability, if any, of other measures which enable them to do so.
- Notice Of Temporary Disruption
Sébo Woodwork will provide guests with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services used by people with disabilities. This notice will include the following information:
- The reason for the disruption,
- Its anticipated duration, and
- A description of alternative facilities or services if available.
The notice will be provided in the following ways:
- Notice on the company website, and/or
- Notice placed at public entrances and/or at reception areas on our premises.
- Accessibility Training
Sébo Woodwork will make best efforts to ensure that every person who deals with the public, including third parties and all those who are involved in the development and approval of customer service policies, practices and procedures, are trained on the provision of goods and services to persons with disabilities. The training will include, but is not limited to, the following information:
- The purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act,
- How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities,
- How to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device, or require the assistance of a service animal or support person,
- How to use equipment made available by Sébo Woodwork to help people with disabilities to access goods and services, and
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing Sébo Woodwork’s goods and services.
Training will be provided to each person according to his or her needs and duties and as soon as possible after he or she is assigned to the applicable duties. Training will be provided on an ongoing basis in connection with changes to policies, practices and procedures governing the provision of goods or services to persons with disabilities. A record of the dates on which training is provided and the names of the individuals to whom it is provided will be kept.
- Feedback Process
Sébo Woodwork strives to provide high quality goods and services to all customers, including persons with disabilities. Comments on our services are welcome and appreciated.
Sébo Woodwork accepts feedback from the public in a variety of methods, including:
- By phone at 613-830-2000 or toll free 1-855-630-3222
- In person at 780 Taylor Creek Dr., Orléans, Ontario
- By fax at 613-830-2005
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail at 780 Taylor Creek Dr., Orléans, Ontario, K1C 1T1
- Through the website at sebowoodwork.com, under Contact Us
A response to any feedback we receive will be provided as quickly as possible using the method in which the customer has requested to be contacted. If the feedback includes a complaint, the response will include all steps that shall be taken to resolve the issue. All personal information provided will remain confidential.
- Notice Of Availability Of Documents
Sébo Woodwork will provide the public with the documents relating to the Policy on Accessible Customer Service upon request. Notice of the accessibility to the documents will be provided on the Sébo Woodwork website and in the showroom.
- Format Of Documents
If Sébo Woodwork is required to provide a copy of a public document to a person with a disability, the company will take into account the person’s ability to access the information and will provide the public document or information contained in the public document in a format that meets those needs as agreed upon with the person.